We’re excited to announce a great new contest built around Marvel’s epic 12 issue Avengers vs X-Men limited series, which is this year's big Marvel event!
The goals of this contest are two-fold:
- To encourage our awesome users to generate quality content about both topics, and reward them for their work.
- To broadcast our site to a wider comic book and sci-fi enthusiast audience across the internet.
Using official art that we obtained through working with Marvel Comics, our design team created a cool mini site to reflect the contest's progress. The contest will pit the site's X-Men questions versus the site's Avengers questions in a battle to see which tag can get the most views! You will easily be able to see which team is winning moment by moment by checking the special mini site (avx.stackshowdown.com). We have also produced several fun videos in concert with this event, which will viewable on the mini site and on our YouTube channel gradually over the next two weeks. Watch them, enjoy them and share with your social network if you like them!
The contest model is very similar to the Skyrim vs Modern Warfare 3 showdown promotion that was run on Gaming last fall. That promotion was a huge success for Gaming, so we hope this contest will be similarly beneficial to SciFi & Fantasy. Please participate and share this contest with your friends!
When is this event?
- The event starts next week, on April 4th at 3:00 PM UTC. It will run through to April 19th at 3:00 PM UTC.
How do you participate in this event?
- Any questions and answers posted during this stretch of time tagged either avengers or x-men will be eligible.
- While the impetus behind this event is the Avengers vs. X-Men mini-series, the emphasis is on the entirety of those two franchises. Questions about old X-Men stories, new Avengers stories, movies, cartoon, mythology, etc. are all fair game. Basically if it fits within the scope of the tag, ask it and answer it.
- The mini-site will be tracking the number of views that questions tagged avengers receive versus those tagged x-men. Right now the X-Men already have a strong lead just based on the amount of content on the site. Avengers fans, assemble and ask your Avengers questions!
Who are the winners?
- After the contest ends, the team with the most views will win. A Grand Prize Winner will be drawn randomly from all of the users that participated in the winning team's tag.
- Four additional winners will be chosen: the user who asked the Top Avengers Question, the user who asked the Top X-Men Question, the user who provided the Top Avengers Answer and the user who provided the Top X-Men Answer.
Thanks to Katey for helping me with this Meta post. She's been a tremendous help with this event!